Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Mom on a mission

I just got a septoplasty done on 2-15-13. Holy crap does that surgery hurt like heck! I thought it wasn't going to be a big deal since I recovered so quickly from my c-section ... Hahahahahaha I was in for a big shock! I forgot to factor in all of the nerve endings in my nose, which made the first 24 hours terribly painful. I'm not a huge pain-pill popper, but I couldn't pop those drugs in me fast enough. However, every day since then has been better. Some days I'm more lethargic than in pain, other days its vice versa. But the end result is that I will be able to breath out of both nostrils, so I think the annoyance is worth the price.

One of the things I kept telling myself, and others too, is that I feel like this surgery is going to give me a new lease on life, since I'll have more energy from being able to breath better. So what does that mean? What's this new lease going to look like? So far I've sat on my butt, eaten ice cream, and watched tv.

I'm bored! I'm going to be completely honest, I'm so bored with my life it's not funny. I always wanted to be a SAHM, but now I don't know what to do with my time since my little guy is getting old enough to be more independent. I want to have more kids, and my hubby and I are finally in a place emotionally and financially where we can afford to have another child. But the good Lord hasn't graced us with another child yet, so what do I do with myself in the meantime?

Get a hobby is always a logical answer, but I don't know what I like to do. Growing up all I did was dance and hang out with friends. I have never been terribly crafty. When I got older I couldn't afford to have hobbies, plus I was too busy either working or taking care of an infant. But now that my son is 3, I think it's time to get crafty.

I've heard scrapbook ing is fun. I can't cut a straight line to save my life, but I know they have scissors that are made so a straight isn't required anymore. I have loads of pictures that I don't know what to do with them. Maybe the first thing I'll attempt to do is make a scrap book.

I've always wanted to run a half marathon by the time I turned 30, so after I get the ok from my doctor I can start working out again and get started on that goal. There's a half marathon in my city in August, so I'm hoping ill have enough time to train for it.

I've also always wanted to rock climb. I tried it once in Wales many, many years ago. I didn't like it because I felt so defeated. But at this stage in my life I've overcome so many obstacles that I want to at least wall-rock climb. My local YMCA has a wall that I'm itching to try out.

Plus, I can always volunteer. What a great way for me to spend my time and show my son how important it is to serve others. I just need to figure out how to get started.

So maybe I do have an idea on what this new lease on life is going to look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment