Sunday, November 11, 2012

"Happy" Veterans' Day

Today I want to recognize all of the veterans out there.  I put happy in quotes because, as I have learned, today is not a happy day for veterans.  As I am told, it's a day where they reflect on the soldiers who they stood beside and did not make it home.  For me it's a bittersweet day because although all of my friends came home from Iraq or Afghanistan, it came with a price.  I am not going to spell out the price that was paid, you know who you are and you know what you went through.  But I appreciate your sacrifices nonetheless.

And I want to say thank you to all of the spouses of military wives/husbands.  I do not know you, but you may have served along side my husband during his deployments and you may have helped save his life.  Thank you for getting him home.  Because without you, I may never have met such an incredible, loving man who became my husband and father to my child(ren).

Thank you for your service, and may your God(s) keep you and your family safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment