Thursday, September 20, 2012

Less accidents, more tantrums

There was only one accident today with Jeremy and potty training.  We were down in the basement packing, and he wet his underwear.  He didn't even notice that he peed his pants.  I'm not sure why this surprises me since he is a boy after all.  ;-)  After that he managed to urine AND poop in the potty chair every time.  I even took him outside for a longer stretch today and he stayed dry.  I'm so proud of my little guy. 

He did, however, have more melt downs today.  I'm not sure if it's because he was just tired today or because we are both coming down with a cold, but either way it was temper-tantrum city for a good portion of the day.  I'm thinking he's probably coming down with a cold since he wanted to snuggle more than usual, which is always a nice.  So I guess the day went in a full circle in regards to Jeremy's moods.

I also messaged my aunt today regarding a comment she had made last night on the phone.  I knew that either I was misunderstanding her or she was misunderstanding me, so I wanted to clear the air.  She made a remark about hoping that I get pregnant with my next child when I wanted to, which I, of course, took it in a completely negative way.  I thought she thought Jeremy was an accident and that the next child would be planned.  Ha!  No! that is not at all what she meant.  She was trying to be encouraging and loving.  Whoops!  My aunt is not a vindictive person, so I don't know why I would think that she would be expressing something negative towards me.

I'm just being sensitive, because I'm so stressed out with this move.  My realtor has been a nightmare through this whole experience.  She has been very condescending towards me, scolding me at one point even - John overheard her so I know I'm not being crazy.  She gave the buyer's attorney the wrong contact information for my attorney, which meant paperwork was not getting filed on time.  This in turn made my buyers nervous and threatening to pull out of the contact because nothing was being said regarding the buyer's request on things that needed to be fixed at the house.  She liked to drop bad news and then turn it around so that I wasn't allowed to get upset with her.  She put all of the blame on the paperwork not getting done on my attorney, and then when I told her that she needed to own up to her mistakes and apologize to my lawyer she said that she wouldn't.  I will never recommend her to anyone.  She has been a b*tch throughout this whole process, and the only good thing she has done was list our house so it would sell two weeks later after being listed.

I'm also looking forward to not being alone almost every night, too.  It'll be nice to be under one roof with my husband - wow! I never thought I would say that expression (more on that later ... possibly).  I'm anxious to have Jeremy's separation anxiety lessen since he'll be seeing his father on a daily basis.  It's also going to be a nice change of pace to have John's commute only be 30 minutes, as opposed to the 90 minutes it took him just to get him when he was working in Chicago.  There are honestly a lot of things that I'm looking forward to with this move.  John and I are looking at this as a fresh start for our marriage, and so far, that's exactly how it's been playing out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment