Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Potty Training

The Cars potty training chair has worked like a charm!  Jeremy has been running around all morning without a diaper and he has had no problems going to the bathroom like a big boy!  A couple of the times he has even sat down without letting me know and went to the bathroom, only afterwards informing me he should get a chocolate chip - this is what I'm using to reward his behavior.  Low and behold, there was urine in the potty.  :-)  I also decided to leave the potty chair in the kitchen since we spend the majority of our time in the kitchen/living room, which has probably helped with Jeremy voluntarily going to the bathroom like a big boy.



So today I went back to Wal-Mart and bought a cheaper potty chair that looks like a froggy and put it up in his room, with a puppy training pad under the toilet incase he either a.) urinates out of the toilet or b.) decides it would be fun to dump his urine out of the toilet and onto the floor.  Let's hope option B never happens - I can just hear all of you moms out there, who have already potty trained a child, laughing at me.  My thought process behind putting a potty training chair in Jeremy's room was in case he wanted to go to the bathroom during nap or bed time he could get up, go to the bathroom, and go back to sleep.  I have no idea if this is going to work, but there's really only one way to find out.

I know potty training Jeremy before we move might not be the smartest, most logical thing I'm doing right now, but he's interested at this moment in time.  I don't want to discourage him just because it doesn't fit into my timeline.  If he ends up potty trained before the big move, wonderful!  I'll make sure he wears Pull-Ups in the car ride and keep him in them for a couple of days after we've moved to WI, because I'm sure there will be accidents with the stress he may experiencing. If he doesn't end up potty trained before we move, that's fine too.  I don't want him to ever feel pressured either way.

Moving news update:  I contacted Meijer to see if they had any produce boxes available so I could snatch them up for packing.  The manager was very nice and informed me the best times to go in are between 8am-10am and see what boxes will be available.  So I know where I'm going to be at 8am tomorrow morning.  :-)

Today I'm going to tackle the alcohol glasses and the toys that Jeremy doesn't play with in the basement.  Hopefully I can donate more toys than I have to pack up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment